The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) today announced the official draft order for the 2018 Dispersal Draft on Tuesday, Jan. 30 at 4 p.m. ET.
Teams are allowed to trade their picks in the draft until 1 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Jan. 30 - following which a final draft order will be released. See below for complete draft rules.
2018 Dispersal Draft Order
The order in which teams select was randomly determined on Monday morning and the order will snake throughout the selection process: 1-9 and then 9-1 until completed.
Assets available via draft include the following:
- Players under contract with NWSL whose rights are assigned to Boston (including allocated players)
- Players whose rights are controlled by Boston (including retired players)
- Rights to players on Boston's Discovery List
The Dispersal Draft will last until all teams have passed or no players or other assets are available for selection.
- Each team will have two (2) minutes to make its selection.
- No time-outs will be permitted.
- Teams may not make trades during the draft.
- Teams are permitted to "pass" when it is their turn to make a selection. Once a team has passed on a selection, the team forfeits the remainder of its selections in the dispersal draft.
--- www.NWSLsoccer.com ---