2018 NWSL Dispersal Draft Timeline
Monday, Jan. 29
12 p.m. ET - Players window to opt-out of the draft closes
2 p.m. ET - Announcement of draft order and available players
Tuesday, Jan. 30
1 p.m. ET - Trade window closes for draft picks
2 p.m. ET - Announcement of final draft order
4 p.m. ET - 2018 Dispersal Draft
To determine the draft order, the NWSL will hold a random weighted draw using an envelope method and will utilize a snake method for the selection process. The system will be weighted by giving one envelope to each team that qualified for the playoffs and two envelopes to each non-playoff team.
1 - North Carolina Courage
1 - Portland Thorns FC
1 - Orlando Pride
1 - Chicago Red Stars
2 - Seattle Reign FC
2 - Sky Blue FC
2 - Utah Royals FC (via KC)
2 - Houston Dash
2 - Washington Spirit
Assets available via draft include the following:
- Players under contract with NWSL whose rights are assigned to Boston (including allocated players)
- Players whose rights are controlled by Boston (including retired players)
- Rights to players on Boston's Discovery List
The Dispersal Draft will last until all teams have passed or no players or other assets are available for selection.
- Each team will have two (2) minutes to make its selection.
- No time-outs will be permitted.
- Teams may not make trades during the draft.
- Teams are permitted to "pass" when it is their turn to make a selection. Once a team has passed on a selection, the team forfeits the remainder of its selections in the dispersal draft.