A pair of goals in each half helped the No. 7 UCF women's soccer team to a 4-1 win over Temple on Sunday afternoon at the UCF Soccer Complex.
"(Today was) a wonderful team performance," UCF head coach Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak said. "Everyone did their job and put in the work. Temple is a very good team; they were very organized defensively. I'm just really proud of the team effort today."
UCF (12-1-1, 7-0-1 The American) took the lead over Temple (6-9-2, 2-5-1 The American) in the 35th minute as Carrie Lawrence's corner kick found the head of Bridget Callahan, who sent the ball in the back of the net. The duo reversed roles with less than a minute left in the first half, as Lawrence doubled the UCF edge, 2-0, on a pass from Callahan.
Just three minutes into the second half, Kayla Adamek extended the Black and Gold advantage to 3-0 on a pass from Dina Orschmann. The senior recorded the brace in the 68th minute as she collected the rebound from Orschmann's shot and delivered UCF's fourth goal of the match.
The Knights kept it rolling.
- UCF's unbeaten streak reached 13 matches with the victory over the Owls.
- The Knights have not lost a contest since the season opener on Aug. 18
- With 22 points in league play, the Black and Gold hold a one-point edge over USF (21) heading into the final match of the regular season.
- UCF's 13-match unbeaten streak is its longest since the 2013 campaign when the Knights posted a school-record 18-match unbeaten streak.
A pair of second half goals pushed Kayla Adamek to double digits this season.
- The Canadian senior's brace pushed her season total to 10 goals.
- Adamek joins classmate Morgan Ferrara (12) in double figures.
- UCF has now had two Knights score double figure goals in three of the last four seasons (2014, 2015).
The Knights close out the regular season against USF on Oct. 27. UCF welcomes the Bulls to the UCF Soccer Complex for the War on I4 contest at 7 p.m. In addition to six points in the rivarly series, UCF and USF will play for The American regular season title.
BECOME A PART OF THE WATCH
Membership to Knights Watch, the official supporters group of UCF Soccer, begins at $15 for students and $50 for fans. Packages include tickets to all home contests for men's and women's soccer, a Knights Watch T-Shirt, a soccer scarf and a variety of free catered tailgates. To become a member, click here.
GET THE APP
Never miss any UCF Knights news from your favorite team by downloading the free UCF Knights app right to your iOS or Android phone! The app provides personalized information for men's and women's teams, scores, schedules, loyalty programs and even breaking news.