Soccer camps are definitely a win-win option for young athletes. Getting exercise, nurturing a soccer culture, and having fun are just some of the perks in joining these programs. However, with such a wide variety of camps available, choosing the right one will be crucial to the success of your child’s soccer education. Today, we go over some of the key points to keep in mind when selecting a soccer camp for your children and some questions you need to ask to make sure the camp is worth your money and your child’s time so they can become the next Orlando Pride star!
Joining a soccer camp can be extremely beneficial for your children, whether to help improve your children’s socialization or to keep them active during off season, playing soccer on a daily basis will definitely improve their soccer technique.
Pros of joining one of these camps are:
- Teaching Your Child to Be Better and Get Noticed: Repetitions and a lot of practice are some of the keys to be a successful soccer player. However, a good soccer camp can offer more than that. On the one hand, these type of camps can open the doors to some potential professional career opportunities. On the other hand, playing with other children on a different environment, with different coaches give your child an optimal opportunity to learn from others.
- Developing Physically, Mentally and Socially: The rigorous training offered at these camps set the perfect scenario for your child to become physically, mentally and socially stronger. Working with new coaches and playing with new children will normally reveal some unknown attributes in your child like, team working abilities, leadership or the love for sports.
- Helping Your Child Gain Some Confidence: At any good soccer camp, coaches will focus on your child’s talents and areas of improvement to take him/her to the next level. Soccer camps give players the necessary confidence that they will need to succeed in their careers, and that they won’t get by doing practices alone.
With that being said, while there are are no real negatives to soccer camps other than fiscal and time expenses, keeping in mind your child’s needs and the goals you want them to achieve will be essential. From day care camps to professional camps to university-sponsored camps, knowing their differences and what they offer will be key in deciding the right camp for your children.
How to Invest Your Money Wisely
In order to invest your money wisely, here are three questions that you, as a parent, need to have answered before registering your child for any soccer camp: the coach, the camp’s credentials (if any), and the program. While websites and reviews can help to filter out some of your options, don’t be afraid to pick up the phone to get some answers to your specific concerns. Soccer camps can really help with your child’s soccer development when you choose the right one.
If you need some soccer camp options for this summer, don’t forget to check the Orlando City summer camp calendar! The Orlando Pride will be also offering summer camp options weekly from June 6th through August 5th. Here is some information:
Orlando Pride Camp Prices (includes ticket and additional Pride features)
- Half Day 8:30am – 12 pm, $215
- Full Day 8:30am-3pm, $295
Orlando Pride Camp Features (July 11-15)
- Includes Pride ticket for Saturday, July 16th vs Chicago Red Stars
- Opportunity to purchase additional discounted group tickets for family and friends
- Special Pride Camp shirt
- Appearances by Orlando Pride players and coaches
Has your child attended a soccer camp before? Share your soccer camp experiences with us!